FAMILY FUN & FITNESS
Celebrate your independence and healthy lifestyle with an exhilarating run through historic downtown Kenosha! Hundreds of participants come from near and far to compete in a race that winds its way through the Third Avenue Historic District and Kenosha’s fabulous lakefront. For the participant and spectator alike, this race is hard to beat!
The race is USATF Certified and will take place along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. There will be 3 water stations located on the course for the safety of the runners. VIEW COURSE MAP
Register before 6/22 and pay $20
Download & Print 2015 Firecracker Registration Brochure
- Register using your Kenosha Y account
- Register via Active.com
- Day of Event: 7:00am – 8:00am ($30)
- Race Day: Sunday, June 28, 2015
- Race Start Time for 10K: 8:30am
- Race Start Time for 5K: 8:40am
- Race Location: Kenosha Library Park 5947 7th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53140
- Race Distances: 10K Run -OR- 5K Run / Walk
- Packet Pick-up:
- Friday, June 26th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday, June 27th from 10:00am-12:00pm
- at the Kenosha YMCA Callahan Family Branch, 7101 53rd Street, Kenosha 262-654-9622
- Sunday, June 28, (Race Day), 7:00-8:00am at the Race Registration Area (Library Park).
- T-shirts will be given to the first 400 entrants.
- Other Accommodations: Contact Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 800.654.7309 or visitkenosha.com.
- Post-Race Events: Join us after the race in the park for free post race refreshments.
- Age Groups: 5K Run/Walk & 10K Run: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
- Awards: Awards to top 3 in each age division. Overall male & female awards (excluded from other award divisions.
Participants must be present for awards. Awards will not be mailed out.
- Results: Results will be posted on our website: www.kenoshaymca.org. Overall results will also be printed in the Kenosha News.
GENERAL RACE GUIDELINES
- All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
- Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their bodies.
- No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
- Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
- No headsets allowed while competing in the events.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park.
- Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
- RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be cancelled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows.
Severe weather conditions include: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain
Before the Event: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted on this website.
DIRECTIONS TO RACE SITE
From Milwaukee – South on I-94, east at Hwy 158, go approx. 7 miles, turn right on Sheridan Road, turn left on 58th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, go up 1 block, Kenosha YMCA parking lot on the right.
From Chicago – North on I-94, east at Hwy 50, go approx. 8 miles, turn left on Sheridan Road, go approx. 2 miles, turn right on 59th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, Kenosha YMCA parking lot on the right.
No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners.