It’s time for the…
39th Annual Firecracker 5K / 10K Race
Presented by: ULINE SHIPPING SUPPLIES
FAMILY FUN & FITNESS
Celebrate your independence and healthy lifestyle with an exhilarating run through historic downtown Kenosha! Hundreds of participants come from near and far to compete in a race that winds its way through the Third Avenue Historic District and Kenosha’s fabulous lakefront. For the participant and spectator alike, this race is hard to beat!
The race is USATF Certified and will take place along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. There will be 3 water stations located on the course for the safety of the runners. VIEW COURSE MAP (subject to change)
Register before 6/27 and pay $20
Download 2016 Firecracker Registration Brochure
- Register online @ www.itsyourrace.com
- Register online using your Kenosha Y account
- Day of Event: 7:00am – 8:00am ($30)
- Race Day: Sunday, July 3, 2016
- BOTH Races will Start @: 8:30am
- Race Location: Kenosha Library Park 5947 7th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53140
- Race Distances: 10K Run -OR- 5K Run / Walk
- Packet Pick-up:
- Friday, July 1 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- Sunday, July 3, (Race Day), 7:00-8:00am at the Race Registration Area (Library Park).
- T-shirts will be given to the first 400 entrants. Size not guaranteed
- Other Accommodations: Contact Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 800.654.7309 or visitkenosha.com.
- Post-Race Events: Join us after the race in the park for free post race refreshments.
- Divisions/Awards: Trophy to the overall male & female winner. Medals to top 3 male/female in both races for 14 & under, 5 year age groups, and 80+. Overall winners not eligible for age group awards. Awards will not be mailed out; they will be available for pick-up at the Kenosha YMCA Member Service Desk until Monday, July 11th.
- Results: Results will be posted on this page within 24 hours of the race. Overall results will also be printed in the Kenosha News.
GENERAL RACE GUIDELINES
- All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
- Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their bodies.
- No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
- Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
- No headsets allowed while competing in the events.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the park.
- Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
- RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community.
Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be canceled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows.
SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS INCLUDE: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain
BEFORE THE EVENT: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted on the Kenosha YMCA website (kenoshaymca.org) and Facebook page.
DIRECTIONS TO RACE SITE
From Milwaukee – South on I-94, east at Hwy 158, go approx. 7 miles, turn right on Sheridan Road, turn left on 58th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, go up 1 block, Kenosha YMCA parking lot on the right.
From Chicago – North on I-94, east at Hwy 50, go approx. 8 miles, turn left on Sheridan Road, go approx. 2 miles, turn right on 59th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, Kenosha YMCA parking lot on the right.
No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners. No dogs please