36th ANNUAL FIRECRACKER RUN/WALK
SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2013
COME FOR THE RACE…STAY FOR THE PARADE!
Join us for family activities, food and entertainment, including the Milwaukee Brewers Sausages, in Library Park after the race. The Kenosha Civic Veterans Parade steps off at 1:00pm.
REGISTRATION & RACE INFORMATION
- Race Day: Sunday, June 30, 2013
- Entry Fees: Before Wednesday, June 26 – $18 (After June 26, registration is closed UNTIL Race Day) Day of Race – $25
- Race Day Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am
- Race Start Time for 10K: 8:30am
- Race Start Time for 5K: 8:40am
- Race Location: Kenosha’s (Simmons) Library Park 711 59th Place
- Race Distances: 10K Run -OR- 5K Run / Walk
- Packet Pick-up: Friday, June 28th from 4:00-6:00pm -OR- Saturday, June 29th from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd Street, Kenosha 262.654.9622 -OR- Sunday, June 30th (Race Day), 7:00-8:00am at the Race Registration Area (Library Park). T-shirts will be given to the first 400 entrants.
- Other Accommodations: Contact Kenosha Convention & Visitors Bureau, 800.654.7309 or kenoshacvb.com.
- Age Groups: 5K Run/Walk & 10K Run: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
- Awards: Medals to top 3 in each age division. Overall male & female awards (excluded from other award divisions. Participants must be present to receive, we are unable to mail awards.
- Results: Results will be posted HERE on our website, and overall results will also be printed in the Kenosha News.
- Additional Information: call 262.654.9622 ext. 205
GENERAL RACE GUIDELINES
- All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
- Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their bodies.
- No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
- Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
- No headsets allowed while competing in the events.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the park.
- Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
- RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be cancelled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows. Severe weather conditions include: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain. Before the Event: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted here on our website (kenoshaymca.org) and our Facebook page
RACE COURSE INFORMATION
The race is USATF Certified and will take place along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. Please visit www.kenoshaymca.org for complete course maps. There will be 3 water stations located on the course for the safety of the runners.
No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners.
DIRECTIONS TO RACE SITE
FROM MILWAUKEE – South on I-94, east at Hwy 158, go approx. 7 miles, turn right on Sheridan Road, turn left on 58th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, go up 1 block, parking lot on the right.
FROM CHICAGO – North on I-94, east at Hwy 50, go approx. 8 miles, turn left on Sheridan Road, go approx. 2 miles, turn right on 59th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, parking lot on the right.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OUR EVENT SPONSORS
AURORA HEALTH CARE
ATHLETICO PHYSICAL THERAPY
ABSOLUTE CHIROPRACTIC + WELLNESS
CHIROPRACTIC ASSOCIATES OF KENOSHA
KENOSHA AREA CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU