RESCHEDULED DATE, PENDING APPROVAL…
Sunday, September 6th
FAMILY’S FUN & FITNESS
Celebrate the Fourth of July and your healthy lifestyle with an exhilarating run through historic downtown Kenosha! Hundreds of participants come from near and far to compete in a race that winds its way through the Third Avenue Historic District and Kenosha’s fabulous lakefront. For the participant and spectator alike, this race is hard to beat!
The race is USATF Certified and will take place along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. There will be 4 water stations located on the course for the safety of the runners. VIEW COURSE MAP (subject to change)
REGISTRATION OPTIONS… Dates to be updated upon event approval
- Online at: www.runsignup.com/Race/ WI/Kenosha/Firecracker5k10k
- At the Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd Street
- Download and mail form to 7101 53rd Street, 53140 | Attn: Kristina BEFORE 6/21
LAST CHANCE REGISTRATION*: Saturday, June 27th from 9am – 3pm @ the Y! *An additional $5 per registration will be charged to those registering on June 27th. **Entry fees are Non-Refundable. No credits or refunds will be issued for switching races.
- Race Start Times: BOTH races will begin at 8:30am
- Race Location: Kenosha’s Library Park 711 59th Place, Kenosha, WI
- Parking: Public parking lots and on-street parking, follow posted signs
- Race Course: This closed race course is USATF certified and runs along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district with 4 water stations for runner safety. Race guidelines on back. Click here for a detailed course map, subject to change.
- Race Timing: The race is chip timed. The chip is located on the bib. To ensure the most accurate time the bibs must be worn front and center on your t-shirt.
- Race SWAG: T-shirts to the first 500 entrants, sorry size not guaranteed. New this year, participant medals will be awarded to all finishers.
GENERAL RACE GUIDELINES
Watch for COVID-19 updates posted pending approval
- All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
- Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their bodies.
- For your safety, headsets and ear buds are highly discouraged.
- No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners; please no dogs.
- No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
- Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the park.
- Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
- RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community.
Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be canceled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows.
Severe weather conditions include: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain.
Before the Event: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted on the Kenosha YMCA website (kenoshaymca.org) and Facebook page.
No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners. No dogs please